Sunday, June 5, 2011

reviews

Hi all!

It´s time for some reviews:) I finally had a chance to listen to Damien Rice´s B-Sides collection.


There are 2 different b-sides collections for reasons I don´t know. The other one has grey cover and has one track less than this one. There ain´t that many b-sides, but still the collection is good and pretty vast case. There are live versions of Woman Like A Man (unplugged), Delicate (also acoustic) and my all-time favourite Damien b-side The Professor & La Fille Danse. Those live tracks ain´t bad, but still there could have been more true b-sides. Also included is interesting version of Volcano (´97 rough walkman recording) and also instrumental version of the song. As for Cannonball radio mix, it is completely from another world than the original. Much more heavy on rhythm than original it gives a bit faulty image of the album. Moody Monday is good song. I honestly hoped for tracks such as Unplayed Piano, La Professor studio version but still a good collection for completist or for those who like to hear different versions of songs. If you don´t have O as yet, get the double cd version of it, which has the b-sides on it´s own cd. And points for cover being printed on recycled material! That always warms my heart!

La Professor live

Moody Monday


And next we Collapse Into Now


I honestly don´t know what to say of this album. I´m a long time R.E.M. fan and was waiting for something like old stuff. Ok, partly the album is going back to the roots and more rocking direction, which always works well with them. Some songs feel like they were outtakes from Automatic. Problem for me with the cd is that it´s running in all directions without knowing what it wants to be. That´s the feeling I got at first listen. And the album is loaded with guests, who mostly don´t bring anything to the tracks. I think most guests are just waste of time on this album. I feel gutted to be saying this honestly I wanted to fall in love with this cd. I really liked Around The Sun and Accelerate. I do like most songs, some are fillers, but not a bad album overall. Still be wary with it and listen to before buying.

Überlin

Alligator_Aviator_Autopilot_Antimatter


Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment