Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some reviews

Hi all!

It´s review time again. It´way too hot outside, so all I can do is relax at home with a book and listen to music:)


And woman starts off again:) I do listen to more female artists than men. They have that sensuality in their music and it´s not as tough as male music mainly is. She´s got nice voice and got the looks but the album itself was disappointment. It is your typical radio pop with a good singer. Opening tracks first half a minute reminded me of Regina Spektor and after that Bluebird moved on to be your typical pop song. Same goes for rest of the album too. It´s excatly radio friendly as is Sheryl Crow, Aimee Man et al. No winner here then. Jar Of Hearts was b est one from the album.

Jar Of Hearts


Arms


Another female artist coming right up! Billie Ray Martin is a legend, especially in dance music. I still remember when I first hear Your Loving Arms (Junior Vasquez Soundfactory mix). That song blew me away. Here we have one of her albums. And this is far from house. This time we have soul, hint of country, northern soul and drum´n´bass in the mix. Blended with Billie Ray´s vocals which you either like or hate. I gotta say this album was suprise for me, I never expected anything like this from her and it´s a positive thing! Fools Rush In is absolutely fantastic northern soul stomper. And slow ones are ok also. I still love above all house versions of Billie Ray Martin´s songs. They are killers:) This is a good album gotta admit. Different from what I expected but recommended. This second album is lotta better than the first one, which was moe euro dance than anything else. I only found this one live clip from the album, sorry:(

I´ve never been to Memphis

No comments:

Post a Comment