Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bertine Zetlitz, Moodymann, jamiroquai

Hi all!

Again we start off with female artist:


Bertine Zetlitz from pop´s promised land, Sweden. Here we have her most radio-friendly cd ever. Other ones were lyrically darker and here lyrics are lighter and sunnier. The main course on this cd is electronic, partially danceable pop music which has enough hooks and singalong chorouses to appeal to mass audience. Album is good and enough short (40min) and that keeps the cd tight. Eventhough I liked this cd, I still prefer her older albums, where she sang you´re here just to adore me:) Still worth checking.

Fake Your Beauty

Ah Ah

Keeping things electronic, next up is Moodymann


Time to go all the way to the house genrer with Moodymann´s Black Mahogani. Moodymann is a legendary figure in house genre and he hails from the deeper end of things. He produced for example Norma Jean Bell´s classic I´m The Baddest Bitch and has I think 3 albums on his own. This one has strong jazz influences and that hooked me into the album, since I love jazzy house music. It also has more jacking stuff which is more in typical Peacefrog records vein. I gotta say I have respect for Moodymann eventhough I don´t like all his productions. This one is a good album if you like your house jazzy and funky. This one grooves well and has hints of 70´s disco. Highly recommended!

Black Mahogani


I Need You So Much


Holiday


And off we go with funk. This album is not as good as the older ones. It sounds pretty much similar to albums before, especially later ones. I felt like they are losing the edge. It´s not completely bad album, it´s just too poppy for me. And sounds more commercial than ever before. I found it to lack soul. I hate giving bad reviews, but gotta be honest. This is just ok album and had few boring tracks which were fillers. This time influences are drawn from old soul which seems to be the trend at the moment. It is listenable, but far cry from their best albums. All I can say, not bad but nothing new. Nice tracks which work and groove, but still bit of a disappointment.

Lifeline

White Knuckle Ride

Blue Skies

More reviews comng as soon as mailman delivers my cds:) At least coming up is Blaze, Nu energy 100 the final chapter, Xtravaganza records compilation, new Tori Amos hopefully early next month!

Have a great weekend, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment