Monday, October 10, 2011

Kate Bush and Hey Heather


Hi all and welcome to another edition of All About Music! New Kate Bush single is always an event and here we have Wild Man from upcoming 50 Words For Snow cd. The song is long 7 minutes. What can I say about it? I liked it, it reminds a lot of Aerial material, so some fans might be disappointed with it. It is melodically easy to listen, lyrics are on the darker side. Very promising first take on the album, especially since I really liked Aerial and got into Kate´s world through that album.

Second review is from Finn band Hey Heather. Here´s totally new band for me, but they´ve gotten plays on local music channel. The band plays well together and you can hear they´ve been practising and it paid off well. Singer has rough rock voice, which works well in Hey heather´s rock. Influences to my ear come from punk and grunge. Somehow band reminded me partially of Bush, can´t explain it maybe it was slower parts that had some similar feeling. This might not be excatly my kind of music, but definetly worth checking out if you like your rock energetic and uptempo! What I liked was their energy, which you really can feel. I checked a live clip from Youtube and they seem to be at home at stage, a big plus. Recommended to all rock fans!

Hey Heather Drop dead

No comments:

Post a Comment