Saturday, October 1, 2011

Anna Ternheim Leaving On A Mayday Box set

Hi all!

Time to tell my opinion of this box set, which I bought few weeks ago and finally had time to go through it. Leaving On A Mayday is a good album from Anna Ternheim. I like her voice and the cd is enough different from her previous cds. Title track is more uptempo than most of her previous songs and works well. Hew ear for melodies does not fail this time at all, all songs are beautiful and nice. Also good point is that cd isn´t too long, which tends to be the fault with many cds these days.

I leave main cd there and concentrate on different versions of this cd. There are 3 different editions of this cd: regular, cd+Frank Sinatra cover ep and cd+live ep+acoustic dvd. My vote goes for cd+Frank Sinatra definetly. Those 5 covers are beautiful and quite different from original ones. They are acoustic versions and arrangements compliment Anna´s voice perfectly. As for the package, it´s beautful box and that also makes it worth getting:) As for dvd edition, I was disappointed with it. Live ep is good, better than most of her live ones I´ve heard and quality is good. There´s 5 songs on the ep, my guess is recorded in France but I´m not sure. As for dvd, it was boring. Ok, the acoustic versions were nice, but would be better on a ep than on a dvd. Dvd only shows making the acoustic versions, filming Anna playing guitar, singing and so on, so it´s nothing that special. I hoped for better dvd than this. Think carefully before getting this one. The live ep makes it worth considering unless you´re hardcore fan or completist.

Anna Ternheim No, I don´t remember (acoustic)

Summer Rain

What Have I Done

No comments:

Post a Comment